*Tell me, is it bad manners to tip your significant other's boss? The man was tending bar after all - I didn't realize who he was when I slipped him a few bucks for the well poured gin and tonics he provided.
*It seems that the publishing world is just rife with gay men, besides me and Whatshisname, there were quite a few others at this affair.
*Middle aged white folks can not dance to soul or funk music. Give it up people!
* A huge platter of shrimp served as an appetizer, will disappear rather quickly.
* Since when has wearing a sweater over a button down shirt, with said shirt hanging untucked from beneath the sweater become a fashion statement? I saw several younger guys with this look.
* Horny straight women are drawn to handsome DJ's ... the guy spinning the tunes last night could have had his pick!
* Why do people covet the poinsettia centerpieces at these affairs?
* Is it really necessary to be wearing one of those Lieutenant Uhura/ear piece cell phones at a Holiday party and hold conversations at your table with everyone listening?