Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Laughing in the Face of My Least Favorite Month ( the finale of an ongoing project)

March 31st - Reason to be cheerful: Being Gay.
It's never been about parades, discos, drugging or hedonism for me (not that I have any problem with any of that - rock on if that's what floats your boat).  

I knew I was Gay before I even knew what the word meant. 

Being Gay has made me resilient, strong,  and introspective; when you are ten years old, and realize that you are marching to a different drummer, you live in your own head, and sometimes, you find all the answers that you need right there.

Now that I am older, much older, I realize what a lucky  man I am.  Being Gay is just a small part of who I am, but it is an important part, and I am glad that I was dealt this hand.

March 31st's reason to be cheerful: Being Gay.

1 comment:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling Pax, same age for me too. I knew something was up when mama and I used to giggle like two schoolgirls about how Robert Taylor was such a dreamboat...Much to the horror of my poor papa.