Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Laughing in the Face of My Least Favorite Month (an ongoing project)

March 16th - Reason to be cheerful: The City of Los Angeles

L.A. first cast a spell on me many moons ago when I spent a "lost weekend" there.  A few years back, I returned and found that the place I had dubbed, Babylon was still as vibrant, scary, beautiful, repulsive, seductive and as crazy when last I laid eyes on her.  Some leave their heart north of this city, mine is in a bar on Sunset Blvd, waiting for me to return to retrieve it.

2 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling I so disagree with you on this one, I lived thatr for almost 10 years and for the most part hated it, while it did have certain charms on a day to day basis it was not a fun place.

Virginia Gal said...

I concur with Miss Magnolia, I just don't find it a fun city, the traffic makes me want to kill myself and the people are not friendly at all! I'll take San Diego or San Francisco any day over this city!