Friday, February 26, 2010

Fave Foto Friday: Life Magazine Portraits

* the following photos where found on the net and are all supposed to be portraits from Life Magazine - I do not hold the copyright to any of these, nor am I am making any money from showing them - OK?
Here's my hero, Groucho Marx surrounded by a gaggle of gams while looking for a needle in haystack, or maybe an ant on the lawn.
Lucille Ball, the Queen of Comedy and a fire-breathing dragon, or so I have heard.
The Chairman of the Board meets the King of Sunday Night - Frank Sinatra and Ed Sullivan.
Good night, and good luck: Edward R. Murrow...take heed, kids, this is what a real journalist looked like. 
 And finally, Here's Milton Berle - jeez, people sure did smoke a lot back in the day.
**********
Finally, here is our Miss Magnolia in her ill-fated Broadway comeback in 1941's I Am Madam Satan.  With a cost of over ten million to mount this epic, the backers lost their shirts when the show closed down after only two performances.

2 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling when I look at these wonderful photos I'm so grateful I'm a smoker, glamour and sophistication in a simple 10 cent pack of Chesterfield's.

Virginia Gal said...

oh Ms. Mag's in her glory days, the champagne was flowing, the music was pumping and the men were paying!