Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Uncle Pax's Almanac 1/19/10


Good Morning From Pax Romano Inc. Headquarters  in Beautiful Utopia New Jersey: Looks like it's going to be sunny today - much better weather than they are having out in (normally sunny) southern California; looks like forty days and forty nights of rain for the City of Angels and it's environs.

Citizens of the Garden State are welcoming Chris Christie as their new governor today. Civil servants are quivering, conservatives are clapping their hands in anticipatory glee,while everyone else is probably unaware of the fact.

For all you old hippies, try and digest this little fact: had she lived, Janis Joplin would have been 67 today!

Today's obscure word is xanthic. It means yellow in color.  


Albert Camus give us today's quote:In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

Hope you are enjoying your own invincible summer today, no matter what the weather! 



1 comment:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Oh my dear, you look positivly xanthic, I do hope it's not the jaundice. --- Darling Pax I must use that at my Junior League lunch today, in a loud voice I just know it will get me to the head of the line for the buffet.