Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not a creature was stirring...


Family is gone, my beloved is sacked out, and here I am for the umpteenth Christmas Eve of my life - being kept company by the fire which is slowly dying, and the tree filling the living room with muted shades of green, red and blue.

This is my absolute favorite time of the Holiday season, late on the night before Christmas.  Everything is blessed silence, contentment and calm.  Presents remain untouched, expectations are high, Santa is still riding the dark winter sky... I wish I could bottle this feeling and open it up whenever I need it.

Wherever you are, whoever you are with, whatever your circumstances, I trust you are feeling at least a touch of this impossible serenity now, I trust you feel , even if it's only momentarily, what I am feeling.



I wish you a Joyous Christmas, I wish you a Brave New Year. All anguish pain and sadness leave your heart and let your road be clear.  

Thank you Keith Emerson.


 And to all a goodnight.

3 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling Pax, thank you for your kind wishes, sweet sentiments and for bringing on a diabetic reaction. ;)

Merci said...

'fraid I left my bit of serenity for the month (maybe the year) under a palm tree by a pool in Mexico. Glad you're having yours now. Those moments are rare and precious. Merry Christmas and love to you and whatshisname.

Cheekies said...

beautiful post and i know the feeling of which you speak - shortly after reaching adulthood I began to feel that all of the christmas magic is in the night before - after all the work was done but before the big days morning commotion.