Friday, December 18, 2009

Fave Foto Friday: Smooth Criminal Edition


John Waters once stated something like, everyone looks better under arrest.  Maybe not so much these days (and I'm looking at you, Nick Nolte), but there was a time when sitting for your mug shot was as much an occasion to Put on the Ritz, as a night at the opera.  Check out these nattily attired gents who allegedly broke the law above for proof.




And how about these couple of swells?  Busted for dressing to the nines, I think!

I am especially impressed by these two couples who were arrested in Philadelphia for robbing a taxi cab.  The gentleman on the left looks like he's ready to play golf ...meanwhile the couple next to them; well, don't they look sharp?

For more Smooth Criminals of Yore, CLICK HERE.  And a big Thanks to Jen for bringing all of this to my attention!
*************************************

Meanwhile, here's our own Ms Magnolia haggling with the help at the costume jewelery counter at the Moose Jaw Five and Dime.

5 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Now darling Pax I'm not saying, but I'm pretty sure you could have included my photo in your gallery of smooth criminals. ;)

et said...

Pax, I love these pictures! Miss Magnolia looks beautiful in this vintage photo of her. Also, as a matter of note: she still has the shoe button hook that she used for the shoes she's wearing. Of course, the hook was made of gold, not the common sterling silver kind.

iasa said...

aw those are fabulous pictures, makes me wanna run right out and get arrested, but i'd have to steal some fine clothes first.

Pax Romano said...

Mags, you are the smoothest.

ET, Actually I think it might have been gold-platted.

iasa, glad you liked the photos - and by all means, send the mug shots if you're caught! ;)

mommanator said...

only a commentary of how we live today more relaxed! go to
peopleofwalmart.com to see what I mean
Glad to see ya back