Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation Diaries-5

I have been trying to make a concerted effort to avoid the news this week, but after last night's presidential speech, I have to say that I am sort of jazzed over Mr. Obama's plans to re-work the broken health care system in this country, if he gets this thing off the ground, I really believe that we will start to see some positive changes in how health care is administered.

Yeah, I know, the right-wingers are all in a tizzy over this, but you know what, we've been doing it their way for decades, let's try something new. I say change is not only good, it is a necessity.

I especially liked how the president addressed his critic's about the budget as well as health care:

So to all -- everybody who's out there who has been on this idea the Obama administration wants to spend and spend and spend, the fact of the matter is that we inherited an enormous deficit, enormous long-term debt projections. We have not reduced it as much as we need to and as I'd like to, but health care reform is not going to add to that deficit. It's designed to lower it. That's part of the reason why it's so important to do and to do now.


Right then, let's rock and roll!

1 comment:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling wasn't he just magnificent! I watched last night and the only thing that kept going through my mind was how this man was going to fix the country and put us back on track. Roosevelt had 4 terms I wish Obama could have the same. Plain and simple, the man is our savior.