Saturday, July 18, 2009

In 1958

Jimmy Stewart had a fear of heights...
UFO's were photographed flying over Brazil...
Jules Feiffer thought you were sick...
Traveling was very luxurious...
ATT introduced the first computer modem...
We were tapping our toes to the sounds of Les Baxter...
Joanne and Paul hooked up...
Art Kane shot this iconic photograph...
German entertainment centers were pretty damn awesome ...
We all drank Coke...
We smoked Winston because Bob Cummings and Ann Davis told us so...
Making reservations at the Hilton was high tech...
The Peter Gunn theme was all the rage...
Vincent Price invited us all up to Haunted Hill...
Who needed an iPod, we had transistor radios that could be adapted to our cars...
Richard Nixon was hailed a hero...

And of course,
I was born.

7 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling forget about Nixon did you notice the article underneath, "Zsa Zsa Talks Slander Suit" that's what got my attention!

I've always thought it sweet dear, how you've always lied about your age, more like 1858 and I know because I was right there with you but your secret is safe with me, no one ever uses the Internet.

Have a wonderful day Lambie, pretty soon it will be time to start winding down the clock so my present to you is that I'll be right there with you.

et said...

Happy Birthday,again!!!

Ruth said...

Well, what a great year 1958 was! Happy Birthday, Pax!

Rick said...

Good thing you were born.

Otherwise I would not have been reminded of what life was like when I was 2.

There may be other reasons.

Happy birthday Pax.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Hunny!!! I have to tell you that as a kid I remember my Irish working-class Catholic grandfather screaming @ the TV whenever Nixon came on. Isn't that awesome? HEHE! Health and happiness to you!

Frank said...

Happy birthday, brother. This is the year I'm going to buy you a birthday drink (belated) in Center City. Hope you're having a great day.

Jake said...

And besides us all drinking coke, it appears that men didn't have Nipples at that time. Jake