Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Morning Stuff

First, the good news. Kid sister is coming home today! Doc told her she's doing better than was expected. Her recovery will be long as she had a boatload of surgery done, but it's mostly just going to be achieved through rest and some minor physical therapy. So yeah, all's well that end's well.

Meanwhile, it's raining ... again. I am not sure, but I think we might be on our way to breaking some kind of weather record here in my neck of the woods. It seems that we have six or seven days of rain followed by one or two days of overcast weather, then a few hours of sun and some humidity, followed by storms and then back to cooler rainy weather. Whatever the case, I'm over it. Let's have some of that summer sunshine (although I will admit, my garden is going great guns thanks to all the precipitation - so there's that).
***
Iran and North Korea: yikes! That's all I can say. That crazy mother fucker, Kim Jong il, might fire missile in the direction of the Hawaiian islands during Independence Day (oh the irony); and in Iran, hundreds of thousand continue to ignore the warnings of that other crazy mother fucker, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and protest the results of the latest election (you wonder why Americans were not this brave and motivated when a certain someone stole the vote here back in 2000). In any case, keep your eyes on these two troubled nations, folks. Forget about Jon and Kate, and the rest of the pablum the media is shoving down our throats...

3 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling who cares about the weather, North Korea or Iran the important thing is that your sister is doing well, if she's anything like you I'm sure she'll be up and about and back to her old self inside of a month.

Karl said...

Certainly not a war monger here, but North Korea scares me. I think Obama has to dismantle North Korea's military if they do fire any missiles anywhere near the US.

mommanator said...

???? how did I miss your sister having surg!?? did you not post about it!? Thank goodness she is doing well Huggs & Kisses to all you guys!