Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lessons Learned this Week

This week, I learned a few things about life, nature, work, people and myself...here a few of those lessons I learned:

  • It has been an inordinately rainy season around these parts.
  • Squirrels are tenacious little bastards, but they can be defeated!
  • Dick Cheney is still a first class asshole (CLICK HERE IF YOU DOUBT ME)
  • Sometimes, the guilty are rewarded.
  • First impressions are often correct.
  • A big ego, left unchecked, will morph into a gargantuan ego.
  • A large bureaucracy is like a raging alcoholic in self denial.
  • A good book can make the world go away.
  • I need a very, very, very long vacation.
  • People love to reinvent the wheel.
  • Money may be the root of all evil, but it makes me happy!

6 comments:

Frank said...

Great list, Pax. I'm curious about the guilty being rewarded.

You and me, brother. We both need long, long vacations.

Pax Romano said...

Frank, it's a work thing...just something I am seeing more and more of these days at the office.

et said...

Money may be the root of all evil, but it makes me happy, too!

I love your list!

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling when our time comes we're all damned and going to Hell ... Thank God!

et said...

Yes, Miss Magnolia, I look forward to you being my room mate!

Joe Tornatore said...

squirrels unlike weasles can be defeated.