Saturday, May 02, 2009

Crazy Week

NEW JERSEY is losing it, big time. Yup, funds are depleted; money that was counted on is not coming after all. Somebody quick, get me to a lifeboat, hand me an oar, I want to get a good view of this ship as it sinks...

OK, I'm joking about this, but trust me when I tell you that I am sick at my stomach at what might happen if things get much worse. Layoffs anyone? Sheesh, and I've only got a measly four years and two months to go before I can retire - then again, the pension funds might be gone by that time also.

And if all of this weren't enough - I have been crazy-busy what with "special projects" and a seemingly never ending bunch of visits concerning the many kids on my case load who are getting ready to graduate and move on to day programs ... that is if there is money to fund said programs.

GOOD NEWS was that my kid sister seems to have avoided the worst outcome of her bout with breast cancer. She was even told that she probably won't have to have chemo after all!!!

Trust me when I tell you, that pretty much trumped all the news for me.

Have a great Saturday, all!

2 comments:

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Darling Pax I'm very happy to hear about your sister and no chemo, just marvelous, what's that old addage about the cure being the worst part? Thank God she won't have to go through all that.

Darling haven't I always said that one day you'll end up in a Burlesque House swinging your weary old dugs over the orchestra pit, well dear it looks that that might come true. I think Pax, we had better dust off our old mind reading act and take it on the road again... "Madame Magnolia, Blossom of the Old South & Co." They'll love us in Peoria!

mommanator said...

I am so happy about your sis!

Don't know wht to say about the economy, but keep on keeping on brother!