Friday, April 24, 2009

Fave Foto Friday: Edie Beale in Concert Edition

Once Big Edie was dead and gone, Little Edie got to realize one of her fondest wishes and played at Reno Sweeney's in New York City. For several nights in early 1978, patrons were entertained by the wacky blue blood who preformed songs and answered questions from the audience ... the show ran for eight nights. This is the poster used for the show. I don't know about you, but would have loved to have seen this!

Oh, and according to Wikipedia, the New York Times had this to say about the show:"a public display of ineptitude"... still, I bet it was an incredible performance!

5 comments:

jennypower said...

I would have loved to have seen this. The world needs more earnest-but-ultimately-bad cabaret acts.

mommanator said...

WHta a pic! I know Mags must have been in it somehow, and where is Mags photo today?
She makes me think of Bette Davis.
She also makes me think of how I have been feeling lately. Don't black & whites show feeling somehow!

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Yes darling where is my photo today? ;)

Darling Pax the more I think of the two Miss Edies the more I think that that's how the two of us will end up. I wonder dear, how you'll look in a babaushka.

Pax Romano said...

Mags,

I forgot about your photo, fear not, It was a goodie and will appear here shortly.

These days, I know of at least a dozen Little Edies ... I fear our Grey Gardens will be filled with lots of deluded wack jobs wearing table cloths as head scarves!

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Precious lamb! Oh what gay frolics we'll all have trying to outdo each other trying to find the "right costume for the day".