Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Always Something ...

OK, this is kind of difficult to write, but I am going to anyway.

Constant readers of this blog may recall that both my mother and sister, last year, battled breast cancer. It was a difficult time for my family to the say the least.

Today, my youngest sister called to tell me that she had a biopsy done on a very small lump in her breast, and the doctor told her that it looked "ugly". While the "c word" was not uttered, it was implied. The removed lump will be tested, and she will find out next week what is what.

Of course, my sister is upset, but she's coping.

Isn't there some kind of law of averages? I mean what is the chance of a mother and both of her daughters developing breast cancer like this, and in such a fast space of time?

For the time being my sister will not be telling my mom. She is going to wait until she knows for sure what the test results reveal next week.

What was it that Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say? "It's always something".

10 comments:

Merci said...

Geez, Pax, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of good thoughts coming your way, and your sister's, too. Roseanne Roseannadanna was right.

Cheekies said...

good thoughts going to your sister and entire family. but ya know the karma pendulum has to come back into the positive at some point just hold tight and you and your family will come through this.

missmagnoliathunderpussy said...

Pax I coulld be wrong but I think it might be genetic from mother to daughter at least when I see it discussed on TV the person discussing it jusally mentions that they've had a member of the family who's had it and is a survivor.

All that aside, my thoughts are with you and your family, keep your spirits up, the Romano clan is a tough one, things will be just fine.

Frank said...

Gosh, Pax, I was so hoping that when your mom and sister at least got through their very scary episode that would be it for a bit. I'm really sorry to hear that your youngest sister may now be compromised. I'm really sorry.

I'm going to hope she's okay...but if the ugly lump turns out bad, I know you have a strong family and you're going to rally to help her along.

mommanator said...

MAGS IS RIGHT, THEY MAY NEED TO HAVE THE TESTING TO SEE? AND ALSO THE NIECE!

mommanator said...

i WILL KEEP ALL YOUR FAMILY IN PRAYER FOR GOOD RESULTS!

Rick said...

Fortunately thanks to your wide reach your sister gets prayers from the gods of many religions.

I will be praying to mine for her health.

You too have sisters that are lucky to have you.

Liz said...

This news is a real drag Pax, but I'm sure your sister will have a good outcome. It's hard, but at least she is seeing a Dr and getting things taken care of. All my best to you and your family. Hugs*

Ruth said...

All I can say is ditto to all the comments above... sending all the good thoughts I can towards your family and you...

Cerpts said...

I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm hoping that the news coming back will not be as bad as suggested. All my best thoughts and wishes to you and your family.