Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Parties

The holiday season kicked into high gear on Friday, when my boss took us out to lunch at this golf club in South Joisey.

A rather impressive joint, sitting on the top of the highest point in the southern half of the garden state, Friday's gloomy weather made approaching this establishment more akin to arriving at the Overlook Hotel (click on the pic and you'll see what I mean). They say on a clear day, you can see all the way to Philadelphia from the club's windows ... Friday's weather made it more like a view of the misty moors of Scotland.

Nonetheless, it was a nice enough affair. True, the drive home in the pouring rain served to make my sinuses flair up again, so there was that.

Last night, my good pal, Karl, celebrated his 50th birthday with a rather swanky affair at a rather swanky restaurant near Atlantic City.

Let me just say, that I love Karl. He is a great guy, and as you can see from the picture on the right, a born fashion plate.

I don't know how he's done it in this economic climate, but I think the bastard is Oprah-Rich !

The party was like something out of The Sopranos; a private room with an open bar, piano player and delicious food and drink were all served up. If I did not know for a fact that the birthday boy was German, I'd have sworn that he set this all up because of connections he might have had to the Gotti family. Yup, it was an Italian restaurant.

The best part was seeing the old gang: Zelda, Merci, The Contessa and many more all gathered to usher Karl into his golden years.

And today is The Romano Family Annual Christmas Party. Yikes!

Aunts, uncles, cousins and others that I have not seen in about a year will gather at my little sister's house to eat, drink, watch football, drink, talk, drink, sing Christmas songs, drink and maybe even drink a little.

Finally, here is a picture of this year's Tannenbaum: yup, we went low-key this year and opted for a small tree.
Hope you are all well, this overcast Sunday before Christmas ...

No comments: