Monday, November 03, 2008

My Reasons for Voting Obama

I think that a person who wants to be the president of the United States must be the kind of individual who is intelligent, well spoken and direct. I see those qualities in Barack Obama.

I believe that a person who wants to be the president of the United States must be more than "the kind of guy I'd want to have a beer with". I know plenty of people I want to have a beer with; I would not want any of them anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

I am tired of the politics of fear and derision. George W. Bush and company had eight long years to prove that their brand of politics worked. Terrorist attacks, two wars, a collapsing economy, failure to react effectively to natural disasters and the deconstruction of the Bill of Rights seemed to be the fruit of their works.

I am sick of the Religious Right sticking their pompous noses into everyone's business. These sanctimonious leeches have had a free ride on the back of the Republican Party. They are a cancer on the body of this nation, and they must be stopped. I believe that Mr. Obama will be much less beholden to these vipers.

I believe that the Republican Party made fools of the working class. They claim to represent the blue collar man and woman, and yet, time and again, they have shown that they are in bed with big business, and care little for the very people who helped them win the past two elections.

I love my country, and I think it deserves much better than what it's settled for in the past ... and that is my main reason for voting Obama.

No comments: