Saturday, October 04, 2008

Today...

Some better news:

While I was there this morning with Dad in his hospital room, they did an ultrasound of his heart. From where I was sitting I could see the computer screen, and it was all rather fascinating, sort of like looking into some moving, underwater caves.

The doctor who did the ultrasound, spoke in a detached manner (I mean, I know these guys are busy, but do they have to treat everyone like they are non-entities); he said that he could see no sign of damage or clots in the heart ... he did indicate that there are parts of the heart muscle that have "toughened up" (his term) due to a life time of high blood pressure, but all in all, everything seemed OK.

Dad was upset that he could not drink the coffee I'd brought him (it's decaf for him till further notice). But he was happy to get the paper (New York Times) and a couple of contraband doughnuts.

The only fly in the ointment was that one of the meds they have been giving him, is making his blood too thin, so they had to take him off of that and work on finding the right balance. Because of this, his stay at Chateau Virtua will probably be extended to Monday.

The rest of the family showed up around one, and I took my leave shortly thereafter, ran some errands and came home and crashed out for a few hours.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a bottle of merlot and a couple of Netflix films...

PS: To Mags, your comment was priceless, can't wait to share that with him!

No comments: