Sunday, October 12, 2008

Book Meme Tag

From Mama Jax. A book meme. HERE

  1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? My mother took me and my sister to the public library to get memberships ... I must have been seven or eight years old...that did it for me.
  2. What are some books you read as a child? Everything by Dr. Seuss. Casey The Talking Horse. Greek Mythology.
  3. What is your favorite genre? Horror, suspense, crime fiction, humor.
  4. Do you have a favorite novel? 'salem's Lot by Stephen King. I re-read it about once a year.
  5. Where do you usually read? The court yard at work, in bed, on the porch.
  6. When do you usually read? When I feel like reading!!
  7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? No, but I usually have one waiting.
  8. Do you read nonfiction in a different place than you read fiction? Well, reading the newspaper is usually done in the break room at work, while eating lunch... does that count?
  9. Do you buy most books you read, or borrow them or check them out of the library? I buy them, or have Whatshisname get them for me (he works in publishing, so I can almost always get the book that I want for free).
  10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? If I liked the book, I keep it. If not, I give it away.
  11. If you have children, what are some favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some same ones you read as a child? No kids.
  12. What are you reading now? CREEM: America's Only Rock and Roll Magazine: A coffee table book that has articles from thirty-some years of CREEM's back archives.
  13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? No.
  14. Whats next?You Suck by Chris Moore
  15. What books would you like to reread? 1984, Dracula, Fight Club, The Summer of Love.
  16. Who are your favorite authors? Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk, Armistead Maupin...

No comments: