Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Somebody, Get me a Drink

Things have been kind of rotten lately.

Not for me, personally, just life in general.

Work has become more soul-sucking ... at first I thought it was just me, but after I had a long talk with several co-workers of mine this weekend, I now realize that I am not the only one who feels this way. Maybe it's just us "old timers" . I don't know. I can't wait to retire.

So there's that.

Also, watching the economic melt-down, and the way most of society is just willing to roll over and let the government tax us to kingdom come to clean up the mess ... where is the outrage? Have we become so complacent and anesthetized that bailing out billion dollar corporations, while most in this country can't afford health care, leaves us nothing more than slightly interested?

And finally, seeing the latest polls that show Obama with only a slight lead over McCain ... I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT? Are there really that many brain dead zombies in this nation? Or is it just plain old racism, because I can't imagine anyone who adds up the score card and would then want McCain to continue leading this nation even further down into the abyss.

Somebody, get me a drink ... make it a double.

No comments: