Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sarah Palin and Stuff

Decided to enter in to this post Labor Day season by going with a neat, tidy look. It probably won't last for long, but for now, I like it.

So I have the day off, and have not done a blessed thing. It's nice to have a mental health day once in a while ... I turned the phone, TV and stereo off ... just sort of digging the late summer solitude.

Meanwhile, aren't you glad you're not Karen Walker Sarah Palin? Good god, this woman was unknown by most until a few days ago, and now her entire life is a damn open book. Politics, ain't for pussies, that's for sure. Let's see how much this woman will put up with before she goes off on the press. That said, I do think that the announcement about her daughter being pregnant is really not any of the public's business ... yes, I know that Ms. Palin is one of those people who does not think that sex education belongs in the public schools, but I agree with what Senator Obama said about candidates children being off limits; here is some of what he said as reported from Alter Net:
"Let me be as clear as possible... I think people's families are off limits and people's children are especially off limits," he said while campaigning in Michigan, adding his mother was 18 years old when she gave birth. "It has no relevance to Governor Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as vice president."
I agree. Let's talk about the woman's policy, her record, even her damn clothing ... but step back from the family, that's just plain tacky.

Well, that's all for now, kids. Hope you all are enjoying your day, and thanking your stars that you are not Sarah Palin!

No comments: