Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Great Officeland Scandal of 2008


Yesterday I posted about the Hawaiian luncheon we had at work.

All in all it was a very nice affair ... a lot of good food ... some obscenely delicious deserts ... and, unfortunately, a wardrobe miscalculation by one of the women.

Oh dear, how do I put this delicately?

It seems that one of my co-workers took the Tropical / poolside theme a bit too literally and came to lunch in a tight fitting, somewhat revealing sarong that was about two inches from giving away the entire store; if you get my drift.

At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but as the inappropriately attired co-worker came closer to me, I realized that that her couture was not a trick of the light ... my goodness, but not even Dorthy Lamour could have gotten away with what she was wearing (Though possibly a pole dancer might be able to get away with it).

Honestly, I kind of felt bad for her, especially when everyone else began noticing her ensemble.

As eyebrows were raised, and people did double takes, It did not take long for her micro-mini-taught-and-revealing get up to become the talk of the tables. In between bites of Polynesian (and faux Polynesian) fare, the mouths of Officeland began a-yapping.

It was then that I noticed that at the very edge of her almost non existent skirt, were tiny little bangles, kind of like what Tina Turner wears when she is on stage.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I left the room and went back to my desk with some cookies and the day's paper.

Later on, it was reported, that she left the building in a huff. I think someone might have said something to her about her style of dress.

I saw her later in the day dressed in normal clothes.

Now I can safely say, that in my twenty-one years as a drone at Officeland, I have seen some crimes of fashion (hell, I even committed a few back in the 80's), but yesterday's fiasco pretty much took the cake ... or the pineapple.

Have a great Saturday, all.

No comments: