Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Ramblings for a Monday Morning

I might be the only person I know that has not seen the new Batman movie. Oh yes, I understand that it is the most important, ground-breaking, darkly entertaining, spectacularly moving thing to hit the silver screen since The Godfather; but frankly I can't muster any enthusiasm over it.

The last Batman movie I really liked was Tim Burton's second foray into bat-lore, you know the one with Michelle Pfeiffer as Cat Woman and Danny DeVito as The Penguin.

When I was a kid, there was only one Batman, and that was Adam West - I guess because I grew up with a campy, psychedelic caped crusader, all of this dark-brooding Batman stuff just seems like posing.

Oh, and If I hear one more person talk about Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker as the possible reason for his overdose, I'm gonna puke! The poor guy was a troubled soul way before he put on grease paint to play a comic book villain, I might suggest that those who think the joker role put Heath into a sour state of mind, go watch him in this movie.
***
Have I ever mentioned that I have the best friends in the world?

No? Well, now is the time.

I have the best friends in the world.

Thanks to one in and all for making my 50th birthday party one for the books. But more than that, thanks for just being there on a daily basis.

What would I do without you all?
***

Did you all hear that a group of crazy Christians are trying to start a group boycott of McDonald's because they feel that "the fast food giant is to give the full weight of their corporation to promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage." Wow, I must have missed that. Are gays and lesbians having McDonald's cater their wedding receptions?

Of course, this boycott is being led by the Uptight, Sex Fearing, Worshipers of a Mythological Figure Inc The American Family Association, a group of uptight holy-rollers who feel that anything that does not fit into their white-bread, Ozzie and Harriet view of AmeriKKKa is somehow a threat to their very existence.

Fuck 'em. Go have a Big Mac, and mail the wrapper it came in to AFA head fuck-face , Donald Wildmon. Make sure you let him know that your gay germs are all over that wrapper!

***
Daddy Dearest?

It seems that Sean Connery does not plan to leave his son, Jason anything in his will.

Quick, somebody send a copy of Mommy Dearest to Sean - jeez, the last thing any celebrity wants to do is to alienate a family member! Because a tell-all book will soon find it's way to America's bookshelves.

Just ask Madonna's brother if you think I'm lying.

***

And finally, some Monday Morning Beefcake:

His name is Boris Kodjoe, and he is like buttah!

No comments: