I can't believe I just typed that.
50 - fifty.
Sheesh, where did the time go?
Now, people tell me that 50 is new 30; so by that logic, 40 is the new 20, 20 is the new 10 - and if you are 10 years old, you've just been born.
Yes, I am having some difficulties coming to terms with this milestone. Part of me really does feel like a fifty year old man, while another part of me still feels like he's an adolescent with all of the frustrations and insecurities that I carry around.
Be that as it may, I am trying to look at this as positively as possible - so far I have come up with these wonderful things that turning 50 brings with it:
- I can retire in the next five to eight years.
- I can blame my forgetfulness on my age (which was tough to do when I was twenty).
- I can start to become "that eccentric old guy".
- I can point out that Prince, Viggo Mortensen, Ellen, and of course, Madonna are all in the same age boat as myself.
- Comfortable shoes!
- I can seriously consider that red sports car!
Anyway, have a great Sunday all.