Be that as it may, here is some cool news to tide us over; pass the mint juleps and read on:
* Hillary Clinton ends her historic run for president, and in doing so, gives one of her most eloquent and heart-felt speeches. I applaud her not only for her brass balls and tenacity, but knowing when to call it a day. Say what you will about Mrs. Clinton, but she proved that a woman can indeed play hard-ball with the boys. Well done, Hill!
* Meanwhile, Senator Obama, is going into the lion's den, as it were, by traveling to the so-called red states to drum up support against Senator McCain. Well, he's got his work cut out for him, but I think Barry's got the brains and the style to make some inroads here.
* Kisses between actor Steve Carell and Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson might taste like strawberry shortcake! Don't forget the whipped cream, boys.
* Did you hear that Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter was out boating on the Potomac River in Washington and found a dead body floating in the water! Hmmm, I wonder if Cheetah or Dr. Psycho are behind this.
* George Clooney and his
* And finally, proving that P.T. Barnum was correct when he said, "There's a sucker born every minute"; take a look at the You've Been Left Behind website. Where, for a mere 40 bucks a year, you can leave messages to all of your friends who have not been taken to heaven during the rapture via an email message ... yes, this is for real.
Have a wonderful Sunday all, and if the Rapture happens, just think what a nice place this world will be without all of those crazy folks! Yeah! an orgy in the streets for the damned -- after all it's hotter than hell out there today.