Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two Weeks and One Day to Go!

California Dreaming ... that's where my head's at today. Just fifteen days to go. My brain is on vacation already, even if my body is at work.

Work.

I might have mentioned that my supervisor is AWOL again. Word is, he's not coming back. Poor guy - it's a long story, he was preparing to retire and I think that the way he was being treated by the higher-ups made him decide to take the plunge sooner than later. I am going to miss him. Currently, I am being supervised by someone who does not even know what my job is - kind of ironic, she's about fifteen years younger than me also. Ah, what are you going to do? I just nod my head and smile and continue to do what I do best.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time on the horn with a Child Services worker. Nice person, but as clueless as the day is long! I've never interacted with another so-called-professional who is so out of the loop. Jeez, she makes this place seem like the brain trust of State Services.


The stir-up that occurred here a few weeks ago seems to be settling down, the displaced have returned to new assignments in (mostly) lower paying positions. It's very disheartening to watch these folks come back, bravely smiling, as they make themselves adaptable to the new hand they've been dealt.

Be that as it may, the sun is shining and Spring is in the air. Here's hoping you are all having a wonderful day!

No comments: