Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One More Week Till Vacation...

...and here I sit chained to my desk at Officeland.

Ah well, I guess it could be worse.

Things are as wacky as ever here in the land of phone calls and memos. I am going to write a book about this place sometime (long after I retire).

Someone called me today and wanted to know where their "Stimulation check" was! I blanked at first and then tried to explain to the desperate person on the other end, that my office has nothing at all to do with The Federal Government and that we do not issue the Economic Stimulus payments that Dubya has promised everyone. The guy started flipping out when I told him to call the IRS. I finally hung up on him when he began becoming verbally abusive. It's nice to hang up on people!

Well, that's all for now. Hope you are all are having a pleasant day and that your checks and balances are all stimulated!!

No comments: