Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

To the right was our view from the dining room of the restaurant we had Mother's Day brunch at this afternoon.

The Flying W Resort, is this little airport nearby that includes a motel, pool, golf course, horseback riding as well as a pretty decent restaurant.

Usually when the family goes on an outing, sister number one chooses the venue, and it is almost always some upscale joint in her neck of the woods. This time I made the plans and I am happy to report, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Mama (who started her first week of radiation last Monday) immediately ordered a martini when she sat at the table, and Dad followed suit asking for a "V.O. Manhattan, straight up". - I can't wait until I am old enough to imbibe like that at 12:30 in the afternoon!

We also celebrated Princess Demon Child's birthday today (she will be 13 this week! Oy, where did that time go?).

The brunch was laid out buffet style, and it was fantastic! They even had one of those chocolate fountains where you could dip fresh fruit, marshmallows and various other goodies into the molten coco (cause nothing says "good eats" like chocolate covered corn bread!). I noticed one rather Rubenesque woman who was actually dipping her Danish pastry into the chocolate. She looked at me and smiled and said, "You should try this, it's heavenly!" So I did, and she was right!

Our gullets full to bursting, I actually convinced the family to take a short stroll around the resort to walk off our rather fattening meal. Happily, my mother and sisters found a gift shop, while my dad, niece, brother-in-law and I watched the light planes touching down and taking off. I marvel over flying machines, aviation is an extraordinary thing.

So, all in all, a pretty good day.

Here's hoping that your mother's day was full of gentle touch downs and take offs, no matter how you spent it!

No comments: