Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I COULD HAVE YOU ARRESTED!"

What a night!

OK, it began this way.

I was waiting around for the people who were coming to take The Pax Mobile away. They were due here at three ... they did not show up until six. Be that as it may, a tow truck came and I was paid a few hundred dollars, and they carted my old gal away.

As I stood watching her being carted off, I felt a tear well up and then I counted the lucre that I had pocketed, and I got over it.

Then, about twenty minutes later, my development is over-run with ambulances, firetrucks, and cop cars. Choppers are flying overhead -it's fucking pandemonium!

Suddenly, I see my neighbors all gathering, and I run out to join them. I walk about a block and find that the side of a building is up in flames, and the fire has now spread to the roof. Happily, no one was hurt, but the damage looked pretty bad.

Guess what caused this?

Some doofus tried to get his grille going by pouring GASOLINE on it!!!! I mean, what kind of moron would do that ... and with the price of petrol these days...

Well, the fire is out, but the emergency vehicles are everywhere.

At around 9:00, I decide to go out to the store and see that all incoming traffic into the development is being diverted to another street ... whatever.

Anyway, I run my errand and come back, and this time two rent-a-cops are waving me to go down the other street. I tried to indicated that I lived here, but they were having none of it. So, I ignored them and went on my merry way.

Then, as I am getting out of my car, I see one of the r.a.c.'s wobbling my way, and he's yelling at me. So I approach him and he proclaims, "DO YOU SEE THIS BADGE! I COULD HAVE YOU ARRESTED!!!!!"

I stand my ground and say calmly, "I live here, right here, behind that door, right next to where I parked my car."

He stops like someone pulled a switch and says, as nice as can be"Oh, Oh, OK, no problem. Have a nice evening sir."

Now, I have to admit, I was a bit freaked for a second, but after that, when I realized that I made him see the error of his ways, I felt vindicated. Of course, It might have been fun calling Whatshisname from the hoosegow and telling him to come bail me out...

Night all.

No comments: