Saturday, April 05, 2008

Happy 100th, Ruth Elizabeth Davis

the wit and wisdom of the birthday gal:
**********

Today everyone is a star - they're all billed as 'starring' or 'also starring'. In my day, we earned that recognition.
*
When a man gives his opinion he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion she's a bitch.
*
Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why Miss Crawford always plays ladies.
*
An affair now and then is good for a marriage. It adds spice, stops it from getting boring... I ought to know.
*
I Was brought up to respect the conventions, love had to end in marriage. I'm afraid it did.
*
Gay Liberation? I ain't against it, it's just that there's nothing in it for me.
*
I am doomed to an eternity of compulsive work. No set goal achieved satisfies. Success only breeds a new goal. The golden apple devoured has seeds. It is endless.

No comments: