Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some of this and some of that

Some good news regarding mom. Final results of all the blasted tests and x rays and bone scans show that the cancer is in just one local area and surgery is scheduled for Monday (Saint Patrick's Day) - so provided that the biopsy on the lymph nodes don't show anything funky, this shit storm might come to a happy ending.

My sister is still waiting on the results of her latest batch of tests, so things are a bit more up in the air concerning her condition. Fingers crossed.

**
Oh those crazy heterosexuals and their family values: Don't you just love the fact that New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, while holding a news conference concerning the allegations that he frequented a house of prostitution, had to drag his wife to the podium with him. Man, I think she looked like she was thinking about chopping his nuts off with a rusty axe, once she gets him at home.

**
It seems as if Senator Obama is not very keen on the idea of being Senator Clinton's right hand man, should she win the nomination. While the idea of both of these mavericks running fills the Left Wing Liberal in me with sheer delight, I understand what Obama means when he said,"I don't want anybody here thinking that somehow, 'Well, you know, maybe I can get both.' Don't think that way. You have to make a choice in this election." While I respect what he is saying, I'd hate to think what might happen should Clinton get the nomination, and all of the Obama supporters sit out the election ... that would be great news for John McCain, and rotten news for the United States of America.
**
What the fuck was Madonna doing getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night? Excuse me, it's Rock and Roll, not sub-standard pop. Look, I have nothing but respect for Madge. I do. She made it to the top of the game with just the smallest bit of talent and a ton of smarts. There is no denying that she is a savvy business woman, and has constantly had her finger on the pulse of popular culture, but her music never will be mistaken for Rock and Roll.
**
And finally, have you seen this picture of Russian President Vladamir Putin and his hand picked successor,Dmitry Medvedev? Wow, do these guys look like cast members of the Russian version of The Sopranos or what?
"Meet me at the Bada-Bing, Dimy!"

No comments: