Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally

When I woke up this morning, I peeked out the window to see a cloudy sky and figured it would be just another day of anvils raining down on my head.

Unexpectedly, things went pretty well.

First bit of decent news came when we discovered that mom's second set of x rays and scans revealed that she apparently only has one cancerous lesion. She still has to have several more tests before surgery, but this bit of news bodes well I think.

Secondly, my mechanic called me today and told me that he patched up my car and while he said it will probably run for at least another year, he suggested that I start looking for a new car by summertime. He said that he would not recommend having any more repair work done at this juncture. I thanked him and asked him how much I owed him. He said it was "on the house". You could have knocked me over with a feather. So for the time being, I will take Whatshisname's car to work and he will drive mine to his job (the reasoning being that his sojourn is under a mile to his place of employment, while mine is fifteen miles and several thousand traffic lights away). That small amount of wear and tear on the Pax-Mobile should keep the old girl from being run into the ground for a bit.

That's about it, nothing earth shattering, just enough decent news allowing me to catch my breath and get somewhat back on track.

No comments: