Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stress? Never Heard of It!

Break in the action today. I am off of work until Monday, and don't have to deal with my mom's situation again until tomorrow.

Of course, I had a most peculiar sleep last night. Dreams about all sorts of things - just a hodge podge mumbo jumbo of imagery that made me feel more tired when I woke up this morning.

High test java to the rescue!

Did a bunch of therapeutic housework, busted my ass moving things and cleaning things. But now, with only half the job done, I've hit a wall.

So I made a call to Utopia Maids & Cleaning Services and asked for some help. They said they would send someone right out.

I imagined a Shirley Booth-type, in her starched domestic whites who'd not only make the villa sparkle and shine, but would also dispense wise advice, make me a bowl of soup and grilled cheese and maybe even get drunk with me later over some cheap scotch while we played crazy 8's.

Imagine my shock when I answered the door and laid eyes on Hector.

Why he insisted on stripping naked while vacuuming the carpet, I have no idea, but it's nice watching him bend over to get the sweeper into those tight corners.

His English is not that good, but I think he said he was going to draw me a bath and mix me up a pitcher of margaritas. So who am I to tell the help what to do?

Oh, that's all for now, I have to hold the ladder for Hector as he wipes down the ceiling fans.

No comments: