* Concerning Presidential Candidate, Mike Huckabee and his remark about quarantining people with AIDS - what a douche bag. That's it, plain and simple. Motherfucker is a big, old, homophobic douche bag. What I want to know is why he would not quarantine a serial rapist?
* Hooray for my little State! New Jersey once more shows what a forward thinking slice of America it is by officially banning the death penalty! Yup, we might be the butt of jokes for lame comedians, but truth be told, we are miles ahead of a lot of other states when it comes to being progressive!
* Am I the only one who finds all of the criticisms of Senator Hillary Clinton suspect? I mean, I am not defending what she says, but what politician has NOT lied, changed their story, been evasive, or avoided giving a straight answer? My god, look at that Chimp living in that big house on Pennsylvania avenue in D.C. for the perfect example. Politics is all about bullshitting. Of course when a woman does it, well, stop the presses!
* In keeping with the Women Belong in the Kitchen mentality: why is Oprah getting grief for backing Barack Obama, and throwing a rally for him? Damn, you'd think she advocated for the quarantining of a certain segment of the population ... err, wait, no, if she did that, she'd be a front runner for the Republican Presidential candidacy.
* And finally, a sad note: Folk singer, Dan Fogelberg has died at the age of 56 from cancer. Fogelberg composed one of my favorite tunes of all time, Same Old Lang Syne. If you don't know this song, then by all means seek it out and listen to the bittersweet tale of former lovers who meet on a Christmas Eve.
My favorite lines from the song:
We drank a toast to innocence
We drank a toast to time
Reliving in our eloquence
Another auld lang syne...
Indeed. R.I.P., Dan.