Friday, November 02, 2007

Dear Hollywood ...

Dear Hollywood,

I read about your recent troubles concerning the looming strike from the Writers Guild of America . I understand that this action will cause much in the way of problems in that television programs will have to be canceled or at least put on hiatus until the strike comes to an end.


Of course such a thing would be a disaster! Isn't sweeps week coming up? My goodness, what is going to happen to all that advertising revenue if you have to revert to reruns of Lost? And how about the soap operas and the talk shows? My god if Ellen does not have another canine drama, what is she going to fill her show with?


Yes, it's troubling. But I don't have to tell you that.


That is why I am humbly offering my services.


No, I am not a very good writer. In fact, I am pretty damn awful - but then again, I am sure I can string enough sentences together to put a fairly serviceable half hour of sit-com humor together.


I also know a few others who actually have the talent to maybe even give Kelly Ripa something fairly intelligent to say (should that need arise).


All I ask for is a nice sunny environment in which to produce (Palm Springs should do the trick), internet access and a few dollars for my trouble.


Let me know what you think.


Yours,


Pax Romano.

No comments: