Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday Solitude

Whatshisname left for the UK yesterday. This is for a work-related convention. He is filling in for his boss who can not make said convention. So the past few weeks we have been in prep mode for his trip (he had to get a new suit, a new suitcase, several new pairs of shoes, and of course a cap -- I tried to convince him to buy a bowler but he would not warm up to that). Be that as it may, and his fretting over the long trip across the ocean; peace and quiet have settled over the villa.

As much as I love my partner, I do relish these road trips he has to go on from time to time - gives me a chance to catch my breath and just enjoy the solitude. That said, by next week, I will be missing him.

The great news is, this spring Book Expo is being held in LA, and I will be going along with him (can't wait to get back to LaLa land, it's been thirty years since I was last there). So I am looking forward to that.

For now, though, I am sitting in the living room in my boxer shorts, sipping coffee, the AC is set to sub-zero, and I am loving life. I think I'll be lipsyncing to some Bob Seeger momentarily.

Hope you all are having a pleasant Saturday.






No comments: