Sunday, October 07, 2007

Checking In

My god it was another hot one out there today, I think I heard one of the weather people on NPR say that we broke a record temperature-wise today. A bank near were I live has one of those digital thermometer signs on it, and when I drove past at 2pm, it read 91 degrees. Ouch!

Lots of well laid plans that went astray today: I wanted to go to the store to pick up some new bed linens, but about a mile from my destination, I came across a big accident and after waiting in traffic for about ten minutes, I u-turned and headed back. Then I went to the video store looking for a movie, could not find it - finally I pulled into a shop to pick up the Sunday paper. Got to talking to an old friend I have not seen in years (who was parked next to me), and totally forgot about the paper.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day, and state offices here in Joisey are closed, that means I am off tomorrow!!

Well, I am off to another friends house for dinner.

Hope you all had a more productive day than I had.

No comments: