Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Phil Spector Case Mistrial

"He locked us in his house for hours, and he pulled a gun on Dee Dee." -- Joey Ramone talking about Phil Spector and the recording of the album, End of the Century. (link)

"One time, Spector pulled out a large gun and started chasing John (Lennon) through the hallways." -- Mark Hudson quoted in the book, Lennon Remembered by Larry Kane. (link)

"They're trying to get me to go out there and testify, but I cannot go through that again in my whole life. No way, I'd be a basket case.
" -- Ronnie Spector (rock icon and ex wife of Phil) on why she did not testify during the Spector case.

"I turned to go away, and then he opened the door a crack, and he stuck the nose of a double-barreled, sawed off shotgun through the crack and demanded to know who I was..." -- Abigail Bok, who in 1970, at the age of 15, tried to confront Spector about his barking dogs (Spector was Bok's next door neighbor). (link)


"I can only say that when I left in the early '70s, I knew that if I didn't leave at that time I was going to die there." - Ronnie Spector (link)


*****


In case you missed it, the case against Phil Spector in the shooting death of Lana Clarkson has ended in a mistrial. I guess it would be tough to reach a decision considering Spector's history of gun play, the host of others he has threatened over the years, the fact that Clarkson was found dead from a bullet in her head in Spector's home ... yeah, I guess none of it really adds up, does it?

Yup, it must be a tough call.

Sorry, sometimes I just don't get it.






No comments: