Saturday, September 29, 2007

Golden

Today is my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

Fifty years, with the same person. Wow! Think about that for a second.

Sometimes I wonder how these two people - these two people as different as night and day - managed to stay together for a half a century. They should give out medals, or citations from the U.N., for couples who weather this much time dwelling in each other's shadows.

Of course, the fact that they had three perfect children probably helped -- ha ha.

We are taking them out to dinner tonight, the whole clan: my sisters, their husbands, my niece and of course, Whatshisname. I can smell the dysfunction already.

Anyway, hope you all are having a nice weekend, I'll check in later and let you all know if anything exciting occurred.

No comments: