Sunday, September 02, 2007

Cocktail Time

We are throwing a little soirée tonight at the villa; cocktails and light refreshment (doesn't that sound retro?).

I've been practicing the art of mixing, and came up with the perfect tequila sunrise (it's all about the grenadine). I sampled the drink last night and it was perfect! Now I know why my parent's generation were so fond of these tasty beverages.

I also wanted to whip up a batch of Harvey Wallbangers (anyone remember them?), but the local liquor store did not have any Galliano. Wallbangers were a mainstay at Romano parties back in the 70's when my uncles all wore white leisure suits and my aunts were in chokers and kulats (I think that's how it's spelled; those pant suit dress like get-ups that swept suburbia back in the day).

Another thing that was popular at those parties was fondue. A small pot kept warm with a little candle or Sterno can beneath it with some kind of cheese sauce bubbling in the pot. You'd have these long slim forks and put little pieces of bread or meat and dip them in the sauce. I wonder if anyone has fondue parties anymore?

Whatshisname is going to be making Mojito's and other guests are bringing their own favorite witch's brew.

Well, that's all for now, if you are in the neighborhood, stop over!

No comments: