Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9.11.07 - II

I posted this on my other blog, and a constant reader cut and pasted it into the comments section on the posting below. Here it is for those who may have missed it.
***

Crazy for the Red White and Blue (cross-posting from Blues From a Cubicle).

Someone left a red white and blue lapel ribbon on my desk.

Now, those that know me understand that I do not wear my feelings on my sleeve (or my lapel). And the last thing you will find me sporting is some kind of misplaced patriotic chachkey.

9/11 , in my eyes, is less a time for waving our flags, and more a time for reflection.

Of course, it’s funny, as we get further and further away from September 11th, 2001 - the day just seems to get more and more like any other day. I wonder how soon before they start having “Patriot Day Sales” at used car lots and furniture stores.

Around here it is just another day in Officeland. Supervisors are locked in a room having another meeting, phones are ringing, people are gossiping.

… I bet for some of those poor souls at the world trade center, their day was as mind numbingly dull just before it all went to hell…

Have a peaceful day.

No comments: