Friday, August 03, 2007

Fave Foto Friday (rock and roll fantasy V)


THIS JUST IN, FFF AT COFFEE HOUSE STUDIO, WE MISS YOU, CAPTAIN TRIPPS!

fff from the house of thunderpussy

fff at the morning martini

****




Long and lean, and tan and lovely .... Steve Walsh, lead vocalist for 70's band, Kansas, was another one of my rock and roll fantasies. Steve often wore nothing but soccer shorts on stage and was known to do head-stands and back flips at a moments notice.


I saw him live back in 1980, not much of a fan of the band, I was seduced by the lanky lead singer with the head of beautiful jet black hair. And then, when he opened his mouth to sing, he had me.


Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind ... that was Steve singing on that old chestnut, a song that haunts me whenever I hear it.


They say, "rock and roll never forgets"; Though a born again Xian these days, Steve remembers and still tours and sings with Kansas as well as with a solo band, though I think his days of on stage calisthenics are long gone.


The above photo graced my wall of Rock Gods in my old bedroom at home. It is from the inner sleeve of the album, 2 For the Show.


Thanks to Steve Walsh, I've always had a thing for long haired rockers in skimpy shorts and athletic socks.

No comments: