Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hook, Line and Sinker

At work today, several co-workers had brought their young daughters in.

Three of the girls were using the main conference room to play in (not a lot of people in the office, so it was OK). These kids aged from about 11 (the eldest), to 7 (the youngest).

As I walked through the room to grab a cup of coffee, I said to the three little tykes, "What are you guys up to?"

"We are telling scary stories!" the oldest girl said.

"Do you know any scary stories?" the middle girl asked.

"Sure I do!" I said, and proceeded to tell them the urban legend about The Bloody Hook.

When I got to the end of the tale, the three of them stared at me, eyes wide in horror. The oldest one said, "Oh my god! That must be a true story!"

The middle one ran from the room screaming, "I am never getting in a car again!"

The youngest one just sat for a few moments. I was kind feeling kind of bad, figuring that she was sort of freaked out, and was going to tell her that the story is just made up.

Then she looked up at me and said in a serious voice, "That was the coolest story I ever heard, tell me another one!"

No comments: