Sunday, June 24, 2007

Todays Misadventure (with added tagged goodness)



As I went out to my car today to leave work, I saw my current supervisor, sitting by a tree ... playing his bugle.
I could not make this up. It is the god's honest truth.

Mr. Boss, my current supervisor, is a somewhat eccentric fellow (with a heart of gold) who has among his many quirks, the love of his bugle. He does not play very well, in fact when he blows the horn it sounds like a duck with a chronic upper respiratory infection trying to quack.

Be that as it may, I called out, "Play me some traveling music!" and jumped into my car, turned the key...

...and nothing happened.

But the sound of that bugle carried on.

It seems I left my headlights on and drained the battery of my car.

After an unsuccessful attempt in trying to jump the battery with Mr. Boss's car, I called Triple A who informed me that it would take 90 minutes to get to Officeland II's parking lot - I told them to forget it, I'd call them back tomorrow a couple of hours before quitting time.

So I took a company car home from work.

I figure I'll need to get a new battery this week also:

So let's see, car related expenses since coming to Officeland II thus far have been:
35.00 for a traffic ticket
450.00 for a back window
75.00 for a new battery (rough estimate).
************

Now on to the tag ... The Head Pastafarian tagged me with this:

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



My Eight Random Facts / Habits:



1: Given the choice, I prefer to be alone.

2: I sing loudly and off key in my car.

3: Every time I watch the Movie, Peggy Sue Got Married, I cry like an old lady by film's end.

4: I sometimes restart the dishwasher rather than empty it.

5: Being in large crowds makes me feel physically ill.

6: I never do what I am told.

7: Though I claim to be a loner, I love being with my friends.

8: I usually watch TV on the floor, resting my head on a couple of over sized pillows (besides, sofas are for afternoon naps, everyone knows that!).

I hereby Tag:
Pissed Off Patricia
Justrose
Frank
Tony...

No comments: