Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Star of Ethel Rosenberg (originally posted 6.19.05)

aethlI decided to come here so I could see, could I forgive you? You, who I have hated so terribly I have borne my hatred for you up into the heavens and made a needle-sharp little star in the sky out of it. It's the star of Ethel Rosenberg's hatred, and it burns every year for one night only, June Nineteen. It burns acid green.
---The ghost of Ethel Rosenberg taunting a dying Roy Cohen from Angels In America by Tony Kushner

On June 19th, 1953, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed for conspiracy to commit espionage by the United States Government.

Time has shown that while Julius may have indeed engaged in some skulduggery, Ethel’s involvement was peripheral at best.

Whatever you might believe, I think it’s important that today’s generation understand the Rosenberg trial and make up their own minds. Here is a link to one of the more comprehensive web sites concerning the matter.

And of course there is the story of Ethel's brother, David Greenglass, who pretty much admitted in 2001 that he sold his sister down the river by way of false testimony . CLICK HERE TO READ.

No comments: