Thursday, May 31, 2007

Damn This Traffic Jam

I took this photo from my car this afternoon on the way home from Officeland II.

This is traffic backed up both ways on a small side street that runs parallel to a major highway. In the old days (about five years ago), one could jump on this road and avoid the congestion. Today, not so much.

The jam went the two blocks up and down, and I sat for about fifteen minutes until I made it to the light where I waited another five minutes as an eighteen wheeler tried to turn on to the Main Street of this unnamed small South Joisey town ... too add to the delight, a police car pulled the truck over, backing up traffic even more.

As I have said before, my new office is geographically closer to where I live, but maneuvering around the billions of cars daily is a major pain in the ass.

So how was your day?

No comments: