Friday, April 06, 2007

Fave Foto Friday Double Feature (Arbus and Weegee Easter editions)

Post your Fave Foto and you'll get a link here, you lucky persons

*****
Once more we turn to the photography of Diane Arbus. This photo is titled, A young Brooklyn Family going for a Sunday outing, N.Y.C. 1966. I like to think that this was taken on Easter Sunday. Check out the woman's coat, and her hair!! Frankly I think she looks a lot like Boy George. Oh, and that little boy looks a bit odd. I wonder where these people are today?

*****
Next up is Weegee's, Easter Sunday in Harlem, 1940. I love this picture. Look at how wonderfully dressed these folks are! The man in the center looks ready for a night on the town, but I suppose that actually this crowd is on their way to church. And check out the little guy in the fedora!

No comments: