Sunday, December 10, 2006

Xmas Arrives at Villa Romano II

Saturday was pretty successful. The refinancing of the loan was achieved (putting a few extra bucks in my pocket), and the holiday dinner at Lee Lee's not only was fabulous, but the brain trust assembled their has pretty much cooked up an idea that should be the must see film of 2008! (more on that at a later date).


Meanwhile, I managed to finish up most of the hall decking here at the villa.

At around 11:00 last night, the last damn string of lights went up followed by the umpteenth extension cord that would provide power to said string of lights.

Staying true to my South Philly roots, there is no real rhyme or reason to my holiday decorating; suffice to say, if there was a bare area I came across, it is now decked out and/or covered in bubble lights.

Of course, like always, the Xmas tree appears to be drunk. No matter which way you gaze upon it, the damn thing seems to be leaning. Later on today, I will jerry-rig something to keep tannenbaum from appearing looped.

I still have some other pieces of "fine tuning" to do (trading out some strings of lights; a new wreath for the front door, etc).

Happily the neighbors have not complained about the seizure-inducing lights that are, even now, flashing in a chasing manner around my front door!

Happy Sunday All!

No comments: