Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random

I know I was not the only person in New Joisey last night who had a hard time with their Internet connection...slower than hell, screw you Comcast.

Then again, I just fell hook, line and sinker for the Comcast Triple Play (phone, cable upgrade, Internet)... if the salesperson was not lying, we will save some money as our Verizon phone bill will be no more ... on the other hand, Verizon is currently wiring our fair town for their Internet/cable/phone "FIOS" service thing, I figure in a few months, they'll be selling me some kind of great deal.

+++

So what do you all think of the Tom and Katie nuptials? I am pretty sure my invitation was lost in the mail.

Still, I am happy for the Beard and Groom and wish them years of happiness; or until her contract runs out... ah the sanctity of marriage.




+++
So what the fuck is up with Michael Richards? First Mel Gibson, and now this dunderhead.

Kramer, we hardly knew ye!

Here's an interesting take on the situation by an Arab American journalist ... I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying, but I see his point (to a degree).

+++
In other news from the left coast; it seems that Hollywood insider, Dex Baxter is missing! This is just awful. Baxter has had a rough go of it lately when he fell off the wagon. He'd just finished up a stay at some upscale rehab facility, and as of this weekend, he's vanished. Story HERE

+++
And finally, a word on the passing of one of the greatest directors of all time, Robert Altman. From Mash to Gosford Park, Altman was a true visionary. Happily, Whatshisname and I saw his final film, A Prairie Home Companion, last summer and it was a sublime experience.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Altman.


No comments: