Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Expensive Seduction that is The Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Coffee



Behold the most decadent, calorie laden indulgence that Starbucks has introduced to the world for the holiday season, The Peppermint Mocha. This seductive beverage is a chocolate / minty treat that goes down as smooth as silk. Both refreshing and rich in it's flavor, it is my new addiction . For the past two days I have treated myself to a "grande" version of this drink. I just finished up one about fifteen minutes ago.

Even though it is an unseasonable 60 degrees in South Joisey this morning, The Peppermint Mocha has filled me with the holiday spirit so much that I feel like standing on a street corner with a group of Dickensian revelers singing "Here We Come a Wassailing".

As wonderful as this drink is, since it is sold at Starbucks, it is a bit pricey (almost four bucks for the medium grande size). I wondered if I could whip this baby up at home...a quick Google search turned up a recipe HERE.

Hmmm... I guess I have my work cut out for me...


No comments: